Fetch Protection Bit
- This is part of the program status word that is used to indicate if the running program is in supervisor state (operating system) or problem state (user program).
FICON (Fiber Connection)
- Fiber optic channel/network connection. (very fast)
FMID (Function Modification Identifier)
This is functionaly similar to a version number or a git commit id.
- This is a code that identifies the release of a z/OS product or component.
- A 4 kilobyte segment of real storage/memory.
- In SMP/E, the function is an entity that describes the component or product being installed or managed by SMP/E.