JCL (Job Control Language)
JCL is functionaly similar to a shell script.
- A program that defines a series of programs to run. These programs are referred to as jobs and they are managed by JES (Job Entry Subsystem).
JCL Job Header
- This is the metadata that is specified at the top of a JCL job. Note the JCL Job Header can be important for auditing purposes.
JCLIN (JCL In)
- In SMP/E, this is JCL used to get a product installed as runnable on the system. In other words, the JCLIN finishes the install of a product on the system.
JES (Job Entry Subsystem)
- Component of z/OS that manages jobs or work that is submitted for the system to process.
- Shows everything that happend when JES ran a JCL job.