HCD (Hardware Control Definition)
- Interface for creating an IODF (Input/Output Definition File). In other words, This utility is used to configure I/O devices on z/OS.
HFS (Hierarchical File System)
- Linux-like file system on z/OS. Note that ZFS is the successor to HFS, which is more secure and scalable.
HLASM (High Level Assembler)
This is analogous to GNU and NASM assembly.
- The Language and Assembler used for create assembly language programs on z/OS.
HLQ (High Level Qualifier)
- This is the more general part of a data set qualifier. If you have a data set called
RICKY.JCLcould be considerd high level qualifiers since they are not the part of the the data set name that define the specific resource.
HMC (Hardware Management Console)
- Remote workstation console that can be used to access the SE of the system for hardware management.